Records dating back as far as 1819 document the first services of what would become Calvary Episcopal Church. Services were held in residents' homes of the burgeoning town of Williams Mills in the 1800's. In 1912, the first communion services were held at the Thorner home on Miller (now Oakgrove) Street. As the congregation grew, services were moved to the Mader Barn (no longer standing) on North Ellicott Street. In 1918, with 20 communicants, services were held in the Burkhardt building (now 5500 Main Street).
Property at the corner of Los Robles and Milton was donated in 1918 for the building of a parish hall. In 1922, the Rev. Alfred Priddis became the first Priest-in-Charge of the mission, and its first vestry was seated. A new church was dedicated March 5, 1924 by Bishop Charles Henry Brent.
In 1940, the Rev. Frank Patterson was named Priest-in-Charge, and given the task to transform Calvary mission into a parish. On October 28, 1945, he was instituted as the first Rector of Calvary Episcopal Church.
In 1951, land was donated by parishioner Daniel Niederlander at the corner of South Cayuga and Milton for construction of a larger church. Built in Norman architectural style, the church opened in time to celebrate April 13, 1952 Easter Day services.